Society for neuroscience annual meeting
>>> 1136 view
SfN's 47th annual meeting, Neuroscience 2017, is the world's largest neuroscience conference for scientists and physicians devoted to understanding the brain. SfN meetings gather thousands of neuroscientists from around the world to debut cutting-edge research on the brain and nervous system. Registration at the annual meeting. Registered and would like to make, change, or cancel your hotel reservation, visit the SfN Registration Resource Center.
This two-month plan for the 5-day meeting aims to maximize a student’s ability to meet and learn from colleagues. To complicate matters, sessions run concurrently. To further narrow down the events to attend, attendees should go beyond the catchy title: read the session descriptions and abstracts.
Optimizing this experience requires attendees to plan an itinerary before, focus on a few key events during, and reflect on knowledge gained after the meeting. Our mission is to completely delight and satisfy our client. Overall, students need to plan a schedule. Please contact Sandra Peterson at for more information on how to obtain the SNACC Annual Meeting slide.
For Exhibit and Sponsorship information go to.For example, attending a symposium, a full slide session and three posters each morning and each afternoon, an undergraduate would be exposed to less than 3% of the conference’s presentations.
Rock springs camp meeting
However, undergraduates can find support through travel awards and research programs. I took full advantage of the networking opportunities at SfN. I was surprised at the positive responses I received from reaching out to professors in my areas of research interest. If so, SNACC has a PowerPoint slide that you can use.
With expenses that can include registration, travel, hotel, food, and abstract submissions, attending SfN can be costly. With more than 15,000 scientific presentations covering everything from molecules to behavior, SfN has something for everyone. Would you like to promote the SNACC Annual Meeting at your next speaking engagement? You never know what can come from taking the initiative to connect with someone new.
100 free dating sites no hidden fees
- Attendees can view their itinerary, a map of the convention center and more.
- Attendees should take notes on concepts, results, techniques, presentation skills and people that are relevant or just simply exciting.
- Attending SfN is essential for an undergrad interested in neuroscience as it absolutely affirms and rekindles the passion to pursue the indisputably coolest area of science.
- Based on surveys of young neuroscientists, we provide planning strategies to ensure attendees maximize their exposure and retention of the breadth and depth offered by this large conference format without becoming overwhelmed.
- Because students typically start their careers by presenting a poster, these sessions provide valuable exposure to best (and worst) practices for exchanging results and ideas with colleagues.
- Diana José-Edwards, Department of Biology, CB 1137, Washington University in St.
- Did we miss any conferences on (behavioral) neuroscience?
Young Neuroscience Research Fundraiser Dinner being held on Friday, October 20, 2017 at the Strega Waterfront Restaurant in Boston, MA at 7:30 pm.
Something to keep in mind is that scientists love to talk about their work, and that all attendees share a common passion for neuroscience and lifelong learning. Star Properties that deliver a broad range of amenities that exceed above-average accommodation needs. Star Properties that typify luxury across all areas of operation. Star Properties which achieve a deluxe guest experience.
- A brief message thanking a graduate student or researcher that took the time to answer questions goes a long way to building a professional reputation and being remembered.
- A manageable itinerary for a talented undergraduate is typically 2–3 posters, 2 Invited Lectures and 1–2 Symposia per day.
- A wide range of facilities and superior design qualities are typically complemented by service standards that reflect the varied and discerning needs of the guest.
- Although it can be intimidating to attend a conference of this scale, there are many rewards for undergraduates.
FUN hosts an evening satellite symposium where about 170 undergraduates are chosen to present their work.Find out for yourself how valuable video tracking can be!
First and foremost, SfN is a learning experience.
The invited lecturers often define terminology, highlight key developments, and deliver the talk as if telling a story; therefore, these presentations are excellent for students. The knowledge gained and people encountered at the meeting can be important for one’s future education and career. The national mall, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Georgetown, United States Botanic Garden, National Postal Museum etc these are some famous tourist attraction in Washington.
Guests will enjoy an extensive range of facilities and comprehensive or highly personalized services. Having this personal connection with some of the schools was very comforting during my application process in case I had any questions or concerns. Here, we summarize best practices for the SfN meeting identified by veteran attendees and first-time undergraduate attendees. How to survive a large, international conference.
We believe in helping event attendees before, during and after the event and assist them with each problem they might face during event. We give information independently related to the event and accommodation to the participant. We offer suggestions on covering meeting expenses, and outline steps to take before, during and after the conference.
- Disclaimer:We are neither official organizer nor directly associated with SFN 2017.
- Each year, over 30,000 people attend the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) meeting to exhibit and discuss cutting-edge research.
- Every year thousands of scientific meetings, events, and conferences are organized worldwide.
- Everyone will ask, so it is important to be prepared to make a good impression.
SfN and other large meetings should inspire young scientists to share their findings, learn from their colleagues, and build their support network. SfN is a forum to network with scientists and professionals at all levels, to better understand how research is done and communicated, and to exercise critical thinking. Sign up now for the William L.
- Registration is now open for the 2017 SNACC Annual Meeting in Boston, MA – October 19-20, 2017 at the Westin Waterfront Boston Hotel.
- Among the attendees are a growing number of undergraduates: 1606 college students went to the conference in 2016, nearly double the attendance five years earlier (Society for Neuroscience).
The white paper to learn more about how this versatile software platform works, and how it can complete your research! There are multiple sections including paying your dues online, accessing the quarterly newsletter and having access to the Annual Meetings. These talks are meant for a general audience and provide an overview of a topic. These two events also provide information about summer research programs and fellowship opportunities. This may be easier said than done for young researchers.
The Graduate School Fair, offered for two hours daily over four days, enables students to meet and learn from almost 80 Masters-, PhD- and MD/PhD-granting programs. The Morris water maze test is a behavioral task used to study spatial learning and memory in rats and mice. The annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) attracts over 30,000 attendees, including many of the world’s most accomplished researchers.
Included are reflections from our undergraduate authors who attended SfN 2016 with 13 of their peers as part of a Blueprint Program for Enhancing Neuroscience Diversity through Undergraduate Research Education Experiences (BP-ENDURE) at Washington University in St. Invited Lectures: Leaders in the field discuss their ground-breaking research during the invited lectures. It includes the program, schedule, the printable registration form and more!
Please note: Noldus Information Technology is not responsible for organizing these conferences and events. Properties at this level will display excellent design quality and attention to detail. Request a FREE trial and find out what EthoVision XT can do for your research! Resources on how to design and deliver a poster include the CLIMB program’s detailed guide, the SfN and their Neuronline professional development pages.
SFN NEUROSCIENCE 2017 47th Society for Neuroscience's Annual Meeting at Walter E. SFN NEUROSCIENCE 2017 is an annual meeting. SFN NEUROSCIENCE 2017 is one of the most innovative meetings within the Health, Science, Neurology, Research and Neuroscience aspects and it is organized by Society for Neuroscience. SFN is a large meeting, which can be overwhelming I’ve found that planning each day of the conference before I arrive helps to circumvent some of this stress.
Most importantly, students meet their scientific community and gain unique insight into what it means to be a neuroscientist. NXJ, JJ, YC and JOK are undergraduate trainees in the BP-ENDURE program at Washington University in St. Once you download the App, click on the little arrow in the top right corner. One can use the Neuroscience Meeting Planner to search the program by keywords, session types, theme, etc.
Students may also consider compiling a list of action items resulting from the meeting to help them proceed towards their professional goals. Students may be tempted to see too much, resulting in time spent running around the meeting, but missing the chance to engage with the material, build their network of colleagues, and retain the lessons they seek. Th Congress of the European Pain Federation (Sept.
- And to generate a personalized meeting itinerary.
- Asking advice from and coordinating with mentors and colleagues can also help with prioritizing.
- At SfN, these undergraduate researchers are introduced to the diversity of researchers and topics in neuroscience, and quickly acquire both a broad understanding of the field and discover new interests.
- Attendees can use the Neuroscience Meeting Planner or Meeting App available online through the SfN to find events of interest.
Undergraduate Brain Awareness Travel Award sponsored by SfN and FUN for students involved in neuroscience outreach. Undergraduates should also engage more experienced scientists while at the meeting, to both build their professional network and to better understand what it means to be a neuroscientist. Various groups sponsor evening social events that offer a chance to network with graduate schools of interest as well as establish important relationships with potential faculty mentors.
For example, some labs will delegate individuals to attend the same or different sessions so that the lab members can compare or combine notes.
For the Mobile Meeting Guide! For those presenting posters, leave sufficient time before the meeting to both put together and practice your poster. Formulate and practice a concise description of one’s own research. Given that time is limited during the conference, it helps to know how to travel between the hotel, the convention center and a few recommended restaurants or landmarks. Good quality service, design and physical attributes are typically fit for purpose to match guest expectations.
Since returning from the conference I have followed up with graduate school representatives that offered programs of great interest to me. Society for Neuroscience 2017 Annual Meeting (November 11-15, 2017) in Washington D. Some may have the primary goal of acquiring an understanding of a specific topic or technique, or aim to explore familiar research to learn new ways to address their own project.
If you have any questions contact Sandra Peterson at. In addition, it is important to maintain the connections made while networking. In contrast with previous years when I attended the conference without a personalized itinerary, this year I was able to focus less on navigating the conference and more on the content of the sessions I attended.
We provide accommodation and transportation service under one roof to the attendee who joins SFN 2017. We strongly recommend leaving room for sessions that are outside the attendee’s area of expertise, sparking new interests and connections. While combining work, knowledge, and social events can be the ideal combination the sheer number of conferences organized worldwide can be a little overwhelming.
It is appropriate to ask to be introduced by a mentor or colleague. Key advice for undergraduates before, during and after the SfN meeting. Louis and supported through grant R25NS090985-02. More than 33000 attendees will attend SFN NEUROSCIENCE 2017 this year. Moreover, these lectures provide a great opportunity for undergraduates to understand the elements that make a lecture meaningful or forgettable.